Estonia Flag Estonia

Travel Warnings

United States: Department of State International Travel Information

Latest advice,

Exercise normal precautions in Estonia.

Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Estonia.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined Estonia has a high level of COVID-19. Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel.

If you decide to travel to Estonia:

Last Update: Reissued with updates to health information.

Australia: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Travel Advice

Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade does not issue travel warnings for specific countries, but issues travel advice for every country. The information below is excerpted from its summary assessments of Estonia

Current as of: 4 July 2022
Last Reviewed: 30 June 2022
Latest Advice: Exercise normal safety precautions in Estonia.
For Australians in the affected area:
  • Shelter in place until you judge it’s safe to depart.
  • If you are sheltering in place, seek shelter in a hardened structure away from windows.
  • Where it’s safe to do so, leave Ukraine.
  • As a matter of urgency, contact your family and loved ones by phone, email and/or social media to let them know your travel plans.
  • Make a list of emergency contacts and screen shot any online content you may need to refer to in case of a communications or digital blackout.
  • The Ukraine border regions information page outlines the requirements for leaving Ukraine by road for Australian citizens. Read the travel advice of the destination to make sure you meet the entry requirements. Conditions may change at short notice.
  • Register online with DFAT.
  • Follow the instructions of Ukrainian authorities.
  • Monitor reputable local and international media
  • If you have significant concerns for your welfare, or that of another Australian, contact the Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305.
For concerned family or friends of Australians overseas:
  • Attempt to contact the person by phone, email and/or social media to confirm they’re safe. If at first you can’t make contact, stay calm, be patient and keep trying. Services may be affected.
  • If you can’t make contact and are still concerned, contact the Consular Emergency Centre on 1300 555 135, (or if you are overseas on +61 2 6261 3305) 

United Kingdom: Foreign and Commonwealth Office Foreign Travel Advice

COVID-19 entry restrictions for Estonia

Before you travel, check the ‘Entry requirements’ section for Estonia’s current entry restrictions and requirements. These may change with little warning. Monitor this advice for the latest updates and stay in contact with your travel provider.

Travelling from and returning to the UK

Check what you must do to travel abroad and return to England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

If you plan to pass through another country to return to the UK, check the travel advice for the country you’re transiting.

If you are arriving into Estonia from Russia, see the local travel section of our Safety and Security page.

If you’re planning travel to Estonia, find out what you need to know about coronavirus there in the Coronavirus section.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever to get travel insurance and check it provides sufficient cover. See the FCDO’s guidance on foreign travel insurance.

For information about COVID-19 vaccines, see the Coronavirus page.

There are rules about taking food and drink into the EU. See Taking food and drink into the EU for further information.

Over 115,000 British tourists visit Estonia every year. Most visits are trouble-free.

If you are living in or moving to Estonia, please see our Living in Estonia guide in addition to this travel advice

Terrorist attacks in Estonia can’t be ruled out. See Terrorism

You must have the original V5C vehicle registration document if you’re driving into Estonia. See Road travel

Take sensible precautions against petty crime. See Crime

If you need to contact the emergency services call 112.

If you are abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission.

The Overseas Business Risk service offers information and advice for British companies operating overseas on how to manage political, economic, and business security-related risks.